In preparation for hurricane Irma, here are some helpful tips to assist you:
- Pull out cash from ATM in case of power outages and for emergency purposes.
- Charge any portable chargers for laptop or cell phone use.
- Fill up gas tank.
- Purchase water, canned food items, and non perishables.
- Purchase batteries, candles, flash lights, first aid kit, and a battery operated radio.
- Make sure you have any medications you may need filled in case of store closures.
- Protect and secure all important documents.
- Plan to have an emergency evacuation route in case of potential flooding or emergency.
- Make a family emergency plan.
As always, please remember to stay safe and check the USF main page to verify potential school closure dates.
Take care, Bulls!
USF Emergency Management Resident Hurricane Checklist